The Office of Budget (OB) advises and supports the Director of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) on budget policy issues affecting the NIH, the medical research community and the public. The OB participates in the following:
- Development of all NIH’s budget projections.
- Maintains active and efficient communications with HHS, OMB and the Congress.
- Monitors and coordinates NIH budget activities of the 27 NIH Institutes and Centers (ICs).
The three branches that comprise the OB organization are:
- Budget Formulation, Presentation & Execution Branch
- Budget Analysis and Modeling Branch
- Budget Reporting and Legislative Branch
Office of Budget MISSION:
To support the NIH mission to uncover new knowledge and transform health care with responsive, accurate, and timely budget and performance management information.
Office of Budget VISION:
Be recognized as the most sought after and professional Budget Office in the government, with a vibrant and learning team that strives to ensure responsive, accurate, and timely information is available in support of the NIH.
Offices of Budget Core VALUES:
- Integrity First
- Service Before Self
- Excellence in All We Do